1. Check your clothing labels to determine how hot the water temperature can be. Water should be over 80°F to kill viruses. While white clothing can withstand temperatures as hot as 140-194°F, colors generally require cooler temperatures between 80-104°F.
2. Add the correct amount of detergent to the dispenser drawer. If your washer doesn’t have a dispenser, add detergent directly to the washer drum.
3. Refer to the instructions on your bleach container for the correct amounts for your size wash load.
4. Pour bleach into your washer’s bleach dispenser. If your washer doesn’t have a bleach dispenser, add bleach to the washer drum only after the water has started running.
5. Add the laundry and complete the wash cycle.
6. Dry items in accordance with their drying instructions. Items that can go in the dryer should complete a full dryer cycle.