If you’re like most homeowners, your kitchen is the heart of your home. It’s where you cook meals, gather with family and friends, and entertain guests. And if you have a glass cooktop, it’s likely the focal point of your kitchen. So it’s important to keep it clean and looking its best. Thankfully, cleaning a glass cooktop is easy – even if you’ve never done it before! In this blog post, we’ll show you how to clean glass cooktops in just three simple steps.
Step-By-Step How to Clean Glass Cooktops
Glass cooktops are a popular choice for many homeowners because they are easy to clean and maintain. However, to ensure that your glass cooktop looks good as new, it is important to clean it regularly using the proper methods. Cleaning your glass cooktop is as easy as 1-2-3!
Step 1: Gather Your Glass Cooktop Cleaning Supplies
You’ll need to gather a few supplies before you get started.
- Vinegar in a Spray Bottle
- Baking Soda
- Soft Cloth or Soft Sponge
- Plastic Scraper (if necessary)
Step 2: Remove Burnt-On Messes & Stubborn Stains With Ease
Once you have your supplies, it’s time to start cleaning! Always ensure the cooktop has cooled off completely before you start cleaning. Sprinkle some baking soda over the cooktop surface. Scrub the paste into the surface with a damp cloth or sponge. Be sure to move in circular motions.
For stubborn messes, create a paste with baking soda and water and focus it on the areas. You can also use a plastic scraper to scrape stubborn stains. Never use a razor blade on glass cooktops because they can damage the surface. Next, spritz vinegar lightly over the baking soda, and spray more onto areas with stains.
Step 3: Rinse and Dry
Once you’ve finished scrubbing, rinse off the sponge and use it to scrub the baking soda and vinegar off. Continue rinsing the sponge with water until all baking soda and vinegar have been removed. Finally, wipe the cooktop dry with a microfiber cloth or paper towel.
Maintenance Tips for Keeping Glass Cooktops Clean
It’s important to keep up with regular cleaning to maintain your glass cooktop and keep it looking its best. Here are a few tips to help you do that:
– Always make sure to remove any spills, grease, and grime right away. Leaving spills on the cooktop surface can create stubborn messes. You’ll save time and energy by cleaning messes up as soon as they happen.
– Use vinegar in a spray bottle to clean between uses and a microfiber cloth to shine the glass surface. Simply spray the vinegar onto the cooktop’s surface and use a microfiber cloth to clean it. The vinegar will help to remove any dirt or grease that may have built up on the surface of the cooktop.
– If you have a glass cooktop, never use razor blades to clean it. Razors can damage the surface of the cooktop. Instead, use a soft cloth and a gentle cleaning agent.
Cleaning your glass cooktop is easy, and with these simple steps, you’ll never wonder about “how to clean glass cooktops” again! However, if you run into issues with your glass cooktop, call the glass cooktop repair experts at Tiger Mechanical. We’re here to help whether you have questions, concerns, or need to schedule service.